Already own a domain through GoDaddy, Namecheap or another provider? With G Suite, you can send emails, manage your calendar, and share and edit documents using your existing domain by following these steps:
- Go to the settings page of your domain provider (GoDaddy, Namecheap,Bluehost, etc).
- Configure your domain by creating the following records:
- CNAME: type www under "Host" and paste yourdomain.com under "Value" or "Points to"
- A record: type @ under "Host" and paste 220.127.116.11 under "Value" or "Points to"
- TXT: use the default Host, and paste v=spf1 include:_spf.google.com ~all under “Value” (Click here for step-by-step guide)
- MX: type @ under “Host” and paste ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.COM under “Value” and 1 under “Priority” (Click here for step-by-step guide)
- Another MX: type @ under “Host” and paste ALT1.ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.COM under “Value” and 5 under “Priority”
Please keep in mind, your domain and email settings may take up to 48 hours to process. If you are still having trouble or would like more help, please contact the support center for your domain hosting site. They will be able to help you navigate the specifics of their site's settings.
For a more detailed step-by-step guide from Google, please visit this page: https://support.google.com/a/answer/140034?hl=en