As of December 15, 2017, you will no longer be able to send or receive emails to your about.me email address, which typically looks like email@example.com. This offering was a part of a partnership with AOL that has now been terminated.
If you’d like to maintain access to your past emails, you should download your emails and add them to another mailbox. I’ve included instructions to do so below.
Option 1: Migrate your data to another provider
- Go to https://imapsync.lamiral.info/X/ in your browser window
- Enter your about.me email and password in the ‘Source account’ window, and imap.aol.com in the --host1 field.
- Enter the information of the account you’d like to download your about.me emails to in the ‘Destination account’ window. Enter the IMAP server address in the --host2 field. Typically, these are imap.[email provider name].com
Option 2: Connect via Outlook and export your emails
- Download Outlook (2013 or 2016 version)
- Connect your @about.me email address to imap.aol.com (993 port).
- Use the link below to download your emails to PST:
If you are unable to access your email account, please call AOL directly at this number: 1-800-827-6364. You'll have to verify your account with them, after which they'll be able to reset your password. Then, please follow the steps above before it is terminated on December 15.